So who here looks at Wikipedia? Right now how many of you millions of people read up on an article, but then you get so distracted that you go from looking at the “periodic table” to “field hockey” (No im serious: Periodic table –> 27 January –> Albert, Duke of Saxony –> Friesland —> Ice skating —> Field hockey!! There is a reason why I study away from the computer!
You probably have already heard of the concept of ‘6 degrees of separation‘. You also probably have heard of the random games activities that are undertaken in places like Facebook and the Internet in general. But did you know there is a Wikipedia version as well? Haha how random. Actually found it hard to see any other blogs do this apart from this dude that explained their version of it, but no one actually doing it on wordpress. So I will begin it here on my blog. Put your hand up if your bored! If you have your own set, feel free to show me so I can look at it and laugh 😀
1. Pick a topic about anything (I.e Science, Art, Maths, Life, Biology, Cockroaches, South Park, Leafy vegetables anything!)
2.From the topic you have chosen open up a random articles on Wikipedia related to that topic (type it out to get to it)
3. Click on a Wikipedia link in the article, then do that again and again until you have done it 6 times.
4. Now your objective is to get from the first article you chose to a completely unrelated article (that can be funny/random/strange/distracting to your education/) (Note: It’s not as hard as it sounds haha!)
5. Repeat steps 1-4 9 more times!
So here is my take on it:
TOPIC: Science (“Ugh so predictable, I thought you were going to pick Shakespeare?!?!”)
1. Cytokine–Kilodalton-Chlorine-Chlorine bombings in Iraq-Terrorism in Tajikistan-Tohir Yo‘ldosh
2. Enzyme–Temperature-First law of thermodynamics-United States-Slavery in the United States-Sexual slavery
3. Molecule–Rock (geology)-Rock-I Wanna Rock-National Lampoon’s Animal House-Zeta Beta Tau
4. Hemoglobin-Gill – Crustacean-Sea louse-British Columbia-Serbian language
5. Carcinogen-Formaldehyde-Quaternium15-Allergy-Oral-Oral sex (HAH as if you didn’t see that one coming)
6. Knockout mice-Obesity-Fat acceptance movement-Hatred-Surprise (emotion)-Startle reaction
7. Atherosclerosis-Stenosis-Subglottic stenosis-Otolaryngology-Empty nose syndrome-Sesame
8. Thrombin-Lupus anticoagulant-Dilute Russell’s viper venom time-Daboia-Hindi-Hindi-Urdu grammar
9. Ebola-Ebola River-Democratic Republic of the Congo-Women in the Democratic Republic of the Congo-Bukavu-Panzi Hospital (LOL I don’t want to be mean but LOL).
10. Sodium chloride-Soap-Coconut oil-Copra-Tiptur-Taluks of Karnataka
That’s that! At least it filled up the boredom. Now maybe I should start reading up some journals for my next assignment!